[OpenIndiana-discuss] nagios/nrpe?

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Oct 14 15:51:03 UTC 2011

Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
> I monitor a bunch of servers and such on my home system using nagios
> (icinga) on a ubuntu VM.  Each target has nrpe to handle the network
> requests and run the nagios plugins.  Has anyone gotten the nrpe/nagios
> stuff working on OI?  Google hasn't turned up anything useful, I'm
> afraid...

Nagios itself claims to run on Solaris 9 and better, which should
include OpenIndiana.

It looks like someone at Sun tweaked the software for OpenSolaris, which
would certainly be a better bet, but the links to the packages are all
dead; consumed by the Borgacle.

http://blogs.oracle.com/drapeau/entry/nagios_is_available_for_opensolaris

Perhaps this would be a better starting point:

http://gibbontech.blogspot.com/2007/04/compiling-nagios-30a3-and-plugins-for.html