[OpenIndiana-discuss] nagios/nrpe?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:55:11 UTC 2011

from our Internal Wiki ... for compiling on Solaris 10 ... may be out
of date since I did this a long time ago.

Solaris_10 is a network install server

>From a basic installation (not complete):

# GNU CC
pkgadd -d /net/Solaris_10/Product SUNWgccruntime SUNWbinutils SUNWarc
SUNWgcc SUNWgmake SUNWsprot

# Library Tools and Headers
pkgadd -d /net/Solaris_10/Product SUNWtoo SUNWhea SUNWxcu4 SUNWggrp

# Apache2 web server
pkgadd -d /net/Solaris_10/Product SUNWapch2u SUNWapch2r
svccfg import /var/svc/manifest/network/http-apache2.xml

# Extra Libs
pkgadd -d /net/Solaris_10/Product SUNWgmake SUNWcsu SUNWlibmr SUNWlibm

# Samba
pkgadd -d /net/Solaris_10/Product SUNWsmbar SUNWlibpopt SUNWsmbau
SUNWsmbac SUNWuiu8

# nslookup/bind
pkgadd -d /net/Solaris_10/Product SUNWbindr SUNWbind

In order to get "check_swap" to work with the Nagios_plugins you need
to change the 'configure' script from:

        elif $PATH_TO_SWAP -l 2>/dev/null | egrep -i "^path +dev
+swaplo +blocks +free" >/dev/null

to:

        elif $PATH_TO_SWAP -l 2>/dev/null | egrep -i "^(path|swapfile)
+dev +swaplo +blocks +free" >/dev/null

because of some of our older systems you will need to configure nrpe
with the '--disable-ssl' option.

after compiling and installing NRPE (in this case in /usr/local/nagios)

modify /etc/inetd.conf

nrpe    stream  tcp     nowait  nagios  /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe
 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -n -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -i

modify /etc/services

nrpe            5666/tcp                        # NRPE

then run inetconv