[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI-SFE vs openindiana repositories

Alex Viskovatoff viskovatoff at imap.cc
Fri Oct 14 16:57:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 18:22 +0200, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> And now there's only one... spooky!
>
> Was there a dup or is there some problem with my package manager???
>

> On 2011-10-14 18:12, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> > I noticed there were two versions of pkgbuild, one in the main
> > repository, one in the OI-SFE one.
> >
> > Both claim to be the same version, but have very different dependencies.
> >
> > Why two? What are the real diffs?
> >
> > Should I install only one, in that case which one??

Hi Hans,

Both should show up if you do "pkg list -af".

The pkgbuild in oi-sfe is the last official release, patched to use
hierarchical package names instead of the names starting with "SFE" that
most SFE specs still use. The pkgbuild in the main repository is a
newer, pre-release version without that patch.

Unless you want to build packages in oi-sfe yourself, to use the modern
names that are defined here:

http://hg.openindiana.org/projects/sfe/oi-sfe-tools/file/565e0daa124c/packages.xml

you should probably use the pkgbuild in the main repository.

You should not be able to install both at the same time, since they have
the same name.

Regards,

Alex