[OpenIndiana-discuss] DLNA/UPnP server for OI151a?

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sun Oct 16 16:43:41 UTC 2011

I'm running serviio 0.6.0.1 as a DLNA server on my Supermicro server
with OI151a, with very good results.

I'm thinking of producing a pkg IPS package, and was wondering if there
is some sort of cheat sheet or simple example code for doing this.

Serviiio is a java library, started from a shell script.
I'm currently running the linux version straight out of the box,
starting it manually.
It has absolutely no problem running in OI151a.

I suppose the daemon should be a service in smf, and the "control
console" a command in /usr/bin.
The only dependency is a good enough java, and the proper ffmpeg. So it
ought to be easy.

Is there some basic package example that could be easily modified to
provide an IPS serviio pkg in some repository?