[OpenIndiana-discuss] DLNA/UPnP server for OI151a?

Alex Viskovatoff viskovatoff at imap.cc
Sun Oct 16 19:46:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-16 at 18:43 +0200, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> I'm running serviio 0.6.0.1 as a DLNA server on my Supermicro server
> with OI151a, with very good results.
>
> I'm thinking of producing a pkg IPS package, and was wondering if there
> is some sort of cheat sheet or simple example code for doing this.
>
> Serviiio is a java library, started from a shell script.
> I'm currently running the linux version straight out of the box,
> starting it manually.
> It has absolutely no problem running in OI151a.
>
> I suppose the daemon should be a service in smf, and the "control
> console" a command in /usr/bin.
> The only dependency is a good enough java, and the proper ffmpeg. So it
> ought to be easy.
>
> Is there some basic package example that could be easily modified to
> provide an IPS serviio pkg in some repository?

Hi Hans,

An issue here is the dependency on ffmpeg. ffmpeg is not part of the OI
core; it is supplied by oi-sfe. Since oi-sfe is an extras repository, it
has been decided that packages in the OI core -- which are built with
the native OI build system called oi-build -- should not depend on
packages in oi-sfe.

This means that if you wanted to package Serviio, you would have to
create a pkgbuild spec for it, so that it could be incorporated into
oi-sfe.

Regards,

Alex