[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS Alias/Multiple connections

Jonathan Leafty jleafty+openindianadiscuss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 00:38:00 UTC 2011

Back in OpenSolaris b134 and previous, I was able to make multiple
connections from my Windows 7 machines to my server using aliases.  It seems
like I can no longer do it, like say I have alias1 , if I hit alias2 the
other connection fails.

My main issue  are issues because my backup software uses other credentials
(since I don't want my credentials having delete rights) and seemingly
related connectivity problems.

I did a search, I may be missing it, but is this on the radar to be fixed?

Solaris 11 Express has the same issue