[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with high cpu load (oi_151a)

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:37:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 20:33, Michael Stapleton
<michael.stapleton at techsologic.com> wrote:
> Don't know. I don't like to trouble shoot by guess if possible. I rather
> follow the evidence to capture the culprit. Use what we know to discover
> what we do not know.

if you're answering my question: I'm not guessing that much: I looked
at lockstat output, and right there at the top we see i86_mwait
consuming 45%(!) ... so, popped that into google, the link I quote is
the first to appear, and the description matches well enough that I'd
give it a try.

Since Gernot is seeing the issue, maybe he wants to pitch in here?

regards
Michael

--
Michael Schuster