[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with high cpu load (oi_151a)

Michael Stapleton michael.stapleton at techsologic.com
Thu Oct 20 18:55:23 UTC 2011

You might be right.

But 45% of what?

Profiling interrupt: 5844 events in 30.123 seconds (194 events/sec)

Count indv cuml rcnt     nsec Hottest CPU+PIL
Caller
 2649  45%  45% 0.00     1070 cpu[1]
i86_mwait
  358   6%  51% 0.00      963 cpu[0]
AcpiDebugPrint
  333   6%  57% 0.00      960 cpu[0]
AcpiUtTrackStackPtr

2649 times in 30 seconds totaling 1070 ns does not seem like much to me.

My idle laptop shows:

Count indv cuml rcnt     nsec Hottest CPU+PIL
Caller
 5441  93%  93% 0.00     3132 cpu[0]
i86_mwait

Mike