[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS stalls with oi_151?

Bryan S. Leaman leaman at bitbytes.com
Fri Oct 21 17:05:23 UTC 2011

On 10/21/2011 12:38 PM, Michael Stapleton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had similar hard lockups when I accidentally tried to delete a ZFS
> Volume while doing a ZFS send at the same time.
> There seems to be a missing lock.
>
> In the end I had to ensure that I did not run concurrent zfs commands.
>
> Are there any other ZFS commands hung at the same time?

I'm not sure if I'm facing the same issue as you and/or Tommy, but it
seems very similar.

When I experience the problem, it hangs everything that is trying to do
zfs I/O.  I just reproduced it again a few minutes ago.  I kick off a
zfs send | zfs recv, and as soon as a large zvol stream is completed and
it moves onto the next stream, all I/O stops.  I agree it seems to be
some kind of locking issue, possibly related to zfs buffers (judging
from the stack trace).  I can let the system run for days and as long as
I don't run a send|recv, it's fine.  Seems like it's caused by something
in the send/recv not freeing a lock.

I'd be happy to provide anything I can to help track this down.  It's
really becoming quite frustrating and it's preventing me from deploying
this system into my environment.

Bryan