[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS stalls with oi_151?

Tommy Eriksen te at rackhosting.com
Fri Oct 21 20:28:27 UTC 2011

Den 21/10/2011 kl. 19.05 skrev Bryan S. Leaman:
> When I experience the problem, it hangs everything that is trying to do
> zfs I/O.  I just reproduced it again a few minutes ago.  I kick off a
> zfs send | zfs recv, and as soon as a large zvol stream is completed and
> it moves onto the next stream, all I/O stops.  I agree it seems to be
> some kind of locking issue, possibly related to zfs buffers (judging
> from the stack trace).  I can let the system run for days and as long as
> I don't run a send|recv, it's fine.  Seems like it's caused by something
> in the send/recv not freeing a lock.

Actually, I hadn't linked this to sending/receiving zvols, but the boxes are for vmware use and are only exporting zvols, which happens once an hour. Might well be that the errors only occur after a send/receive, I honestly didn't try to disable them (as I use them for backups).

> I'd be happy to provide anything I can to help track this down.  It's
> really becoming quite frustrating and it's preventing me from deploying
> this system into my environment.

Yep, I had the same issue. Due to time constraints, I just went back to 148, which I have a number of running without problems. So far I haven't seen it manifest since the reinstall, but I haven't really had time to put much test data on them yet.

Best regards,
Tommy