[OpenIndiana-discuss] Isolating networks for zones

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Sun Oct 30 14:45:53 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:24:33AM +0100, carlopmart wrote:
> I will try to explain something more. I need to build a complete
> public dmz infrastructure using oi zones (if I can). OIhost is on
> internal network without Internet access. On this host I have three
> physical nics:
>
> a) e1000g0 --- Internal network
> b) e1000g1 --- First public DMZ
> c) e1000g2 --- Second public DMZ

Are all these connected to the same broadcast domain?  IOW, the same dumb
switch/same VLAN?  If so, then you'll have to do some packet filtering.  If
they are different ethernet segments, then you should not see the other
traffic.  Others have pointed out that you could use ip-type=shared.

Jeff.

--
The box said "Windows XP or better required". So I installed Linux.