[OpenIndiana-discuss] SFE repository packages

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 18:52:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

Many thanks for those who have provide the applications in the SFE
repository ( http://staticdev.uk.openindiana.org:10003/ ). My personal
favourite is Stellarium, however with MPlayer/SMPlayer and VLC it has
allowed me to retire the Windows at last.

Could I suggest that MPlayer be configured with a 1000KB Cache for DVDs
as default, I found that tweaking this setting resulted in a significant
improvement on OpenIndiana b151 installation. I also played with the
Output driver and found that xv did not produce as good a quality image
as when selecting xv ( 0 - NV17 texture), gl and gl2 drivers.

I have also tried VLC with a number of DVDs but find while the audio is
heard there is no video. Under the Video settings there appears to be a
choice of Default, Video Memory output and YUV video output.  Has anyone
be able to get VLC to play dvds with audio and video?