[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenCDE in OpenIndiana

Tak Pui Lou tplou at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 23 06:43:32 UTC 2011

I never compare the codes I use most with gfortran 4.x. However, I have compared runtime for the same fortran code compiled with Intel compiler, SUN Studio, open64, pathscale, and pgi compiler. Guess which one is the fastest: SUN Studio! They were all compiled with very high optimization flags. I would say open64 is doing pretty good. The other advantage for having open64 is that someone in open64 community has interest of implementing automatic insertion of dtrace probe in fortran for platforms that support it but I don't remember seeing it actually funded at GSoC. Anyway, I think I read that the OI or Illumos developers picked clang because of larger community which means better support or something like that. Please correct me if I am wrong.