[OpenIndiana-discuss] Unusual pkg error creating a zone

Ian Collins ian at ianshome.com
Sun Sep 25 08:41:49 UTC 2011

  On 09/25/11 08:43 PM, Richard Lowe wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 03:36, Ian Collins<ian at ianshome.com>  wrote:
>>   On 09/25/11 07:06 PM, Richard Lowe wrote:
>>> This might be #944 (https://www.illumos.org/issues/944), which has
>>> symptoms that are remarkably annoying to track to their cause.
>>>
>> It could be, but I wonder why is happened today and not a couple of weeks
>> ago when I created the other zones?
>>
>> Did you find a fix?
>>
> Fix is in the defect.opensolaris.org bug linked from that one.
> I'm not sure it's the same issue, either, but the error (messages) it
> causes are utterly nonsensical.  So it seemed worth ruling out.

Alas the patch didn't do the trick.  It looks like the problem is with
packages from the OI repro:

Creating Plan |pkg: No matching version of SUNWadmap can be installed:
pkg://openindiana.org/SUNWadmap@0.5.11,5.11-0.151:20110912T025048Z: This
version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/install/install-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.148:20101128T215402Z

--
Ian.