[OpenIndiana-discuss] Unusual pkg error creating a zone

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Sun Sep 25 20:53:30 UTC 2011

> Alas the patch didn't do the trick.  It looks like the problem is with
> packages from the OI repro:
>
> Creating Plan |pkg: No matching version of SUNWadmap can be installed:
> pkg://openindiana.org/SUNWadmap@0.5.11,5.11-0.151:20110912T025048Z: This
> version is excluded by installed incorporation
> pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/install/install-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.148:20101128T215402Z

So yes.  It looks like SUNWadmap is only in the OI repo at @0.151 (not
even 0.151.1)
I think what you're seeing is the fact that pkgcreatezone (In OI148)
uses the old package names, and in this case is tripping on its own
feet because of confusion in the package repository).

I think the workaround is going to be to replace the old SUNW names
with the new names, (you can use pkg info -r <oldname> to find them),
in this case it's system/management/sysidtool.

I honestly have no idea how SUNWadmap can be in the state it appears to be in.

-- Rich