[OpenIndiana-discuss] Comstar FC target

Mark mark0x01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 06:47:37 UTC 2011

Is anyone using the Comstar FC target ?

I have two experimental ones running oi148.

One is using HP FC disk trays and disks on one port of the hba, and the
target on the other.
With three esx4i hosts connected, it runs quite well.

The other is a "Thumper" clone with 20 x 2Tb sata disks.

It goes like a rocket - about 3 x faster than a large ds4500 on
sequential writes which is it's main function, but one of the esx4i
hosts seems to cause it to reboot under load occasionally.
I'm looking for ideas to trace the cause, as there is nothing logged
prior to the reboot.

Both these setups are single fc path and 4Gb Fibre.

I'm planning to start changing things with the client HBA firmware,
since the three hosts attached have different models of hba.

Mark.