[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS Server permission problems

Chris Ridd chrisridd at mac.com
Fri Apr 6 12:40:58 UTC 2012

On 6 Apr 2012, at 11:34, Flo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is my first time, that I write to a mailing-list!
>
> I have a very big Problem with OpenIndiana 148b NFS-Server.
> I need a share for a Linux Client and on the share, there will be openvz containers. Openvz is similar to a chroot enviroment, so I need that all permissions are preserved.
> Openvz link: http://wiki.openvz.org/Main_Page

I would be *very* cautious about using an NFS client (and especially autofs) in an openvz/proxmox guest. That's *very* as in *don't* :-) We've had several cases where the guests cannot shut down or the kernel wedges and has to be power cycled. Not nice.

What seems to work better is (for autofs) doing the NFS mounts on the host, and add rbind mounts in the /etc/vz/conf/ scripts directory to expose them to the guest. Or just add the static mounts in the same scripts directory. See <http://kb.parallels.com/en/873>

Chris