[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS Server permission problems

Flo florian at acw.at
Fri Apr 6 10:34:24 UTC 2012

Hello,

this is my first time, that I write to a mailing-list!

I have a very big Problem with OpenIndiana 148b NFS-Server.
I need a share for a Linux Client and on the share, there will be openvz
containers. Openvz is similar to a chroot enviroment, so I need that all
permissions are preserved.
Openvz link: http://wiki.openvz.org/Main_Page

This is my share configuration on the server:
zfs get sharenfs tank/proxmox_nfs
rw,noaclfab,root_mapping=0,anon=0,root=@10.199.199.0/24:proxmox1:proxmox2:proxmox3
local

sharectl get nfs:
servers=16
lockd_listen_backlog=32
lockd_servers=20
lockd_retransmit_timeout=5
grace_period=90
server_versmin=3
server_versmax=3
client_versmin=3
client_versmax=3
server_delegation=on
nfsmapid_domain=
max_connections=-1
protocol=ALL
listen_backlog=32
device=

Mount on the client:
10.199.199.1:/tank/proxmox_nfs on /mnt/pve/proxmox_nfs type nfs
(rw,vers=3,addr=10.199.199.1)

My special problem is one file!
On the Linux client:
ls -alh /mnt/pve/proxmox_nfs/private/100/var/log/init.log
---s--S--T 1 root root 0 Apr  6 11:36
/mnt/pve/proxmox_nfs/private/100/var/log/init.log

I am not able to read or write to this file from the Linux client, but
from the OpenIndiana Server there are no problems.

It is very important, that I have the same rights like on a built-in
hdd. Is that possible?

For testing purposes I set up an Linux NFS-Server with enabled
no_root_squash:
/opt/vm_disk_data/nfs
172.16.2.0/255.255.255.0(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
Here I don't have this problem!

Client mount:
172.16.2.180:/opt/vm_disk_data/nfs on /mnt/pve/flo_nfs type nfs
(rw,vers=3,addr=172.16.2.180)

Can someone please help me?

Best regards Florian