[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems with ZFS ACL vs 'normal' ACL

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 00:21:47 UTC 2012

Well, since there's no NFS and nothing I can think of that would bung up 8
different file systems in their entirety I'm not sure what else to do,
other than scripting a fix to run every so often. That seems very ugly and
is completely ungraceful, so I'd like to avoid it if possible.

My UNIX is not so much, so I'm not sure how to, or if I even can, monitor
the ACL to see when it's changed and by what process. But if someone can
point me in the right direction to figure that out, I can hopefully prevent
it from happening in the future.

However, if ACLmode is set to discard, shouldn't the ZFS ACL be ignored and
only the POSIX (right?) one be consulted for access permissions?