[OpenIndiana-discuss] big plan with a bit knowledge

låzaro netadmin at lex-sa.cu
Mon Apr 9 23:42:15 UTC 2012

Hi:

Long time ago, on IRC somebody talk about "formal presentation on the
list" So... Let me introduce myself:

My name Lázaro (the swdish "a" is just a eMail-nick), also Uranio-235 on
IRC, I'm from Cuba and my english is very bad.

Me and some friends (5 or 6) get bored of the "wonderfull" linux kernel.
Looking for new solutions hit with OpenIndiana (after pass by FreeBSD)

We thinking make a small comunity inside of Cubans intranet for thats
people who have not access to internert (please don't ask why). We wanna
growth our comunity and thanks to the IRC people who give ours a link
with a big DVD now have the first block for the tower. We still in need
of a few things.

My questions:

- Can I forward to the list te askings from my pals?
- We are Linux users. What doc we need for learn Linux v.s. Solaris?
- How can mount our own repo for Open Indiana? (is posible?)
- We need a lot of doc for keep available. Where can I find it? (remember: 403 for Google)
- What kind of "mentality change" we need for be "99% Solaris User" and not "Linux Solarised user"

Greetings from Cuba

Note:

The Cuban Ron/Rum only work fine inside of Cuba.