[OpenIndiana-discuss] Updating OI not working on low bandwith because of IPS per package timeout

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:09:39 UTC 2012

On 04/13/12 03:49 PM, Oscar del Rio wrote:
> Did you try PKG_CLIENT_LOWSPEED_TIMEOUT?
> According to "man pkg"
>
> PKG_CLIENT_LOWSPEED_TIMEOUT
>
>          Seconds below the lowspeed limit (1024 bytes/sec) during
>          transport operations before the client aborts the opera-
>          tion. The default value is 30.
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/E21796/pkg-1.html adds
> "A value of 0 means do not abort the operation."
I tried it , but when I put
export PKG_CLIENT_LOWSPEED_TIMEOUT=0
before pfexec pkg image-update -v

I get:
pkg: 3/4 catalogs successfully updated:

Framework stall:

When I set it to 24000, I get situation where updatig gets to qemu,
starts downloading and then just stops indefinately.

This smell to me like timeout is present on Openindiana IPS server...

> pkg://openindiana.org/x11/library/libdga@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.2:20120209T223423Z
> ->
> pkg://openindiana.org/x11/library/libdga@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.3:20120329T225407Z
>
> pkg://openindiana.org/x11/xconsole@1.0.3,5.11-0.151.1.2:20120209T223748Z
> ->
> pkg://openindiana.org/x11/xconsole@1.0.3,5.11-0.151.1.3:20120329T225642Z
>
> pkg://openindiana.org/benchmark/bonnieplus@1.3.3,5.11-0.151.1.2:20120209T195517Z
> ->
> pkg://openindiana.org/benchmark/bonnieplus@1.3.3,5.11-0.151.1.3:20120329T211211Z
> DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
> system/qemu                            370/1089   2444/7296  133.5/365.5
And stays there without a traffic.