[OpenIndiana-discuss] Qmail-to-go on openindiana?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Apr 23 00:00:08 UTC 2012

So are people up for netqmail, daemontools, djbdns packages?

On Sunday, April 22, 2012 08:34 PM, Gary Gendel wrote:
> Which brings us back to qmail.  I've been using it flawlessly starting
> on a Sparc IPC running SunOS before Postfix was a gleam in Wietse
> Venema's eye.  The darn thing is rock solid, secure, lightweight, and
> fast.  That said, I have nothing against Postfix other that I've never
> had a reason to look further than qmail.

You did. That's why you are not running qmail-smtpd. Not even a patched
qmail-smtpd. Yes, DJB designed qmail to be modular and using third-party
modules is far game but using third-party modules already means it is
not qmail. Stop deluding yourself. qmail's main problem has always been
back-scatter due to lack of smtp time recipient checking not mention all
the other host of things one needs/wants do before accepting message
body data.

You have looked beyond qmail and decided to stick with dot-qmail and
other goodies and found yourself a qmail-smtpd replacement.