[OpenIndiana-discuss] Qmail-to-go on openindiana?

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Thu Apr 26 12:30:13 UTC 2012

On 4/26/12 5:01 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On 26/04/12 12:17 AM, Gary Gendel wrote:
>
>> That isn't what spamdyke is trying to accomplish here. This checks to
>> see if the sender is trying to spoof the MTA. What spamdyke is trying to
>> do is to blacklist emails based upon the ip address embedded in the
>> sending domain name. For example:
>>
>> If I get mail from 208.1.48.3 and it's reverse domain lookup resolves to
>> customer.208.001_48.3.sample.com and sample.com is on my list it is
>> blocked.
>>

> Again, it's available with the following configuration parameter:
>
>    check_reverse_client_hostname_access type:table
>
> Table should have key "sample.com" and RHS = REJECT, blah
>
> Table details:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

Chris, I'm still unclear on how to do this.  How could you write a
regular express to check to see if the connecting ip address is buried
in the reverse dns lookup.

In my example, spamdyke would reject customer.208.001_48.3.sample.com,
but customer.108.001_48.3.sample.com would not be rejected because it
doesn't match the ip address of the sending MTA.  This prevents
rejecting reverse dns names with strings of arbitrary numbers in them.

Gary