[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot open: Illegal byte sequence with a file containing a question mark

Flo florian at acw.at
Thu Apr 26 13:24:09 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have a problem with extracting a tar file.

The tar file contains some files with a question mark in the filename.

On a Linux Machine, the file looks like this;
Adig?zel-Huda.jpg (a black rhombus with a question mark in it)

When I extract that tar file on my openindiana 148b machine, I get the
following error:
Adig\374zel-Huda.jpg: Cannot open: Illegal byte sequence

On the Linux Machine is ext3 as filesystem and on the openindiana
Machine is zfs v28.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Greeting Flo