[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hitachi 4 TB disks + HP Microserver + OI 151 + ZFS

andy thomas andy at time-domain.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 07:54:04 UTC 2012

For some time now I've successfully been using ZFS RAIDz pools made up of
3 x 1 TB or 3 x 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Black disks in a HP
MicroServer N36L running OI 148 or 151. I'm now thinking of using the
newer HP N40L microserver with 3 x 4 TB disks (Hitachi DeskStart 7K4000)
which have 4096 byte sectors. Can anyone foresee a problem with this?

I plan to set up several of these storage servers in mirrored pairs so I
want to make sure this will work before ordering anything.

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice,

Andy

Andy Thomas,
Time Domain Systems

Tel: +44 (0)7866 556626