[OpenIndiana-discuss] Compiling Mosh for OI 151

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 22:07:51 UTC 2012

I'm trying to compile Mosh ( http://mosh.mit.edu/ ) for OI, but I'm running
into problems with ncurses while running configure. When running configure,
I receive the error that libtinfo or libncurses were not found. Checking
config.log I see the following:

configure:7005: checking for TINFO
configure:7012: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "tinfo"
Package tinfo was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `tinfo.pc'
No package 'tinfo' found
configure:7015: $? = 1
configure:7029: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "tinfo"
Package tinfo was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `tinfo.pc'
No package 'tinfo' found
configure:7032: $? = 1
configure:7046: result: no
No package 'tinfo' found
configure:7064: checking for TINFO
configure:7071: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "ncurses"
Package ncurses was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `ncurses.pc'
No package 'ncurses' found
configure:7074: $? = 1
configure:7088: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "ncurses"
Package ncurses was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `ncurses.pc'
No package 'ncurses' found
configure:7091: $? = 1
configure:7105: result: no
No package 'ncurses' found

I have no idea what TINFO is, but from googling around, I find it has
something to do with ncurses as an independent provider for something (I'm
terribly helpful, I know). I know ncurses is installed and that other
programs that are dependent on it work, and there are libs  in /usr/gnu/lib
and /usr/gnu/lib/amd64. However, I cannot get the configure script to
recognize this. Running configure --help gets me the following, with
regards to ncurses:

NCURSES_CPPFLAGS
              C preprocessor flags for NCURSES headers
NCURSES_LDFLAGS
              linker flags for NCURSES libraries

But setting either doesn't fix anything. However, this is the first time
I've run into issues with a configure script not working, so this is
probably me not actually doing things properly. Specifying my libdir to
either /usr/gnu/lib or /usr/gnu/lib/amd64 doesn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas for where to go from here?

--
Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.eff.org/
 <http://www.eff.org/>http://creativecommons.org/