[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS fails to automount at boot

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Mon Aug 6 13:10:43 UTC 2012

Thanks for asking about this. I had just assumed the same.  Machines I
updated all the way from opensolaris still mounted nfs at boot but my
clean 151a5s did not.  Very annoying when apache fails cause it didn't
mount htdocs from the file server.

On 08/ 6/12 09:04 AM, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
> On 08/06/2012 02:15 PM, James Carlson wrote:
>> Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
>>> I've run into a bizzare issue. An NFS export I have in /etc/vfstab fails
>>> to automount on an OI client at boot, even though the filesystem is
>>> clearly marked as "mount at boot":
>>>
>>> #device         device          mount           FS      fsck    mount
>>> mount
>>> #to mount       to fsck         point           type    pass    at boot
>>> options
>>> 192.168.133.1:/etc/streamers    -       /etc/streamers  nfs     -
>>> yes     nodevices,nosetuid,ro
>>>
>>> When I issue /sbin/mountall or mount -a, it mounts just fine. Needless
>>> to say, its failure to mount at boot results in failure of dependent
>>> services to start, which is quite bummer if I have to do it manually
>>> each time. Nothing is logged to /var/adm/messages, so I have no idea why
>>> it ignores my NFS mounts at boot. It simply does. Anybody got an idea on
>>> how to track this down?
>> It's never been possible to mount NFS at boot.
> Well, apparent it has, since it's working after I enabled some NFS
> client services.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Saso

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson