[OpenIndiana-discuss] [solarisx86] For those nostalgic fellas

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Aug 8 03:27:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> Holy water ... check.
> Wooden stakes ... check.
> Silver bullets ... check.
> Chainsaw ... check.
>
> Okay, all ready here, we'll make sure it can't get back in.

I happen to like CDEs window manager and particularly the calendar
manager tool.  Some other parts were not so good.  Compared with
today's modern desktops, CDE will consume hardly any resources and
seem quite fast.

I do think that CDE is vastly more usable than Ubtuntu's Unity desktop
(which I can not figure out how to use).

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn