[OpenIndiana-discuss] Calibre doc converter to ebooks formats for OpenIndiana??

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Wed Aug 8 22:05:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 08.08.2012 22:29, Francois Dion wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Ray Arachelian <ray at arachelian.com>
> wrote:
>> On 08/08/2012 05:03 AM, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
>>> Is there a version of the Calibre ebook/epub doc converter for
>>> OpenIndiana?
>>> Or any other SW that can convert a PDF book to epub?
>>>
>>> Epub (or other ebook formats) are much more readable on smartphones
>>> than standard PDFs ususally are, due to the text reflow capability.
>>>
>>> So I'd like to be able to convert even large pdf docs to some ebook
>>> format, so I can take large manuals along on trips.
>>>

>> Sadly I don't think it's been built on OI.  There are Linux, OS X
>> and
>> windows version - I guess you could install Ubuntu inside KVM and
>> try it
>> there?
>> It's an amazing program.
>
> Just looked at it, it requires PyQT4 and that means QT4... Is there a
> prebuilt QT4?

yes, there are gcc and Sun Studio stdcxx based in OpenIndiana SFE repo.
I tried to built Calibre few times many months back but it has more
dependencies you need to solve and I had not enough energy to finish it.

I recommend to go with GCC builds of libraries in this case if somebody
wants to do that.

> Francois

Best regards,

Milan