[OpenIndiana-discuss] Calibre doc converter to ebooks formats for OpenIndiana??

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:00:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Milan Jurik <milan.jurik at xylab.cz> wrote:
> On 08.08.2012 22:29, Francois Dion wrote:
>>
>> Just looked at it, it requires PyQT4 and that means QT4... Is there a
>> prebuilt QT4?
>>

> yes, there are gcc and Sun Studio stdcxx based in OpenIndiana SFE repo. I
> tried to built Calibre few times many months back but it has more
> dependencies you need to solve and I had not enough energy to finish it.

The python modules are easy. Most are only an easy_install xxxx away.
Except lxml which requires pycrypto, and there you have to modify
_fastmath.h to find the gmp.h and then it'll go.

PyQT requires sip (from the same website as pyqt) but that also was
easy. Got pyqt working.

Not too bad, until I realized that Python 2.7.x is _really_ needed. I
thought it was just one or two tweaks, but he's using heavily
dictionary comprehension and other stuff. I'm not even going to try
until 2.7 is part of the OS.

BTW in the process I noticed that MagickWand.pc is named Wand.pc on
OI... ln -s Wand.pc MagickWand.pc takes care of that, in case anybody
else comes upon that particular problem

Francois