[OpenIndiana-discuss] help with 3ware driver

openindiana openindiana at nedharvey.com
Fri Aug 10 17:44:08 UTC 2012

I have a server (currently running linux) that I'm hoping to convert to OI.  The first point in question is whether or not OI will support the 3ware controller card.

I looked at the OI HCL on the wiki, and it's basically an empty list, so I hope the actual compatibility is more than just what's on that page...

I booted the OI CD, and it scans for storage, and says it couldn't find any.  So I go back to load drivers, and it identifies the 3ware 9650e device as having no driver...

I went to the download page for 3ware, and they have opensolaris drivers available for this card ... But the OI installer is expecting a svr4, du, or p5i file, while the opensolaris tarball just contains a single 59K file called "tw"

Might this combination actually work somehow?  Am I doing something wrong?  Looking in the wrong places, for the wrong thing?  Should I simply rename that file "tw.p5i" or something like that?

Clues, advice, appreciated...   ;-)