[OpenIndiana-discuss] help with 3ware driver

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Aug 10 18:46:20 UTC 2012

2012-08-10 21:44, openindiana пишет:
> I have a server (currently running linux) that I'm hoping to convert to OI.  The first point in question is whether or not OI will support the 3ware controller card.
>
> I looked at the OI HCL on the wiki, and it's basically an empty list, so I hope the actual compatibility is more than just what's on that page...
>
> I booted the OI CD, and it scans for storage, and says it couldn't find any.  So I go back to load drivers, and it identifies the 3ware 9650e device as having no driver...
>
> I went to the download page for 3ware, and they have opensolaris drivers available for this card ... But the OI installer is expecting a svr4, du, or p5i file, while the opensolaris tarball just contains a single 59K file called "tw"
>
> Might this combination actually work somehow?  Am I doing something wrong?  Looking in the wrong places, for the wrong thing?  Should I simply rename that file "tw.p5i" or something like that?
>
> Clues, advice, appreciated...   ;-)

I am not sure it will *work*, but you can try copying the file in the
tarball to /kernel/drv (perhaps you can "file" this file to see if it
is 32- or 64-bit and appropriately place it to amd64 subdir if needed).

Then run something like "devfsadm -Cv", update_drv or add_drv to load
the driver and bind it to hardware. You'd likely need to add a correct
PCI ID (see "prtconf -v") to /etc/driver_aliases, maybe something to
/etc/name_to_major.

HTH,
//Jim