[OpenIndiana-discuss] found bug in time slider

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Aug 11 09:59:26 UTC 2012

2012-08-11 7:41, openindiana пишет:
> Which most likely means, the problem probably *isn't* the "," character.  Most likely it's just a matter of whether or not I had changed the password (root and eharvey) post-installation.

Out of generic considerations, it is possible that during/after
installation some PAM modules got registered and influence the
storage of your users' passwords (i.e. it is so for the CIFS
subsystem which AFAIK has to store an NTLM hash as well in order
to allow your username from a Windows client over SMB/CIFS).

I'd compare the various PAM files in the LiveCD environment and
your resulting system - see if any interesting differences exist?
Alternately, take a rootfs snapshot before and after changing a
password and determine how many files change due to this action,
and how.

HTH,
//Jim