[OpenIndiana-discuss] google drive on openindiana?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:12:51 UTC 2012

I was staying out of this, honestly I was ...

> Adobe ditched Flash for Android, not for anything else. And really, that
> was for the best, Flash sucks on Android. Google's inclusion of Flash is no
> different than the builtin PDF reader or the built in MP3 codec, they're
> common enough things to be included by default. It's just one plugin that I
> don't have to go and install myself after the fact.

https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

"Linux Mozilla, Firefox, SeaMonkey (Flash Player 11.2 is the last
supported Flash Player version for Linux. Adobe will continue to
provide security updates.)"

"Solaris Flash Player 11.2.202.223 is the last supported Flash Player
version for Solaris"

Umm it has dropped

> Chrome/Chromium is a better browser than Firefox in essentially every
> single way. Promoting a better browser is not shameful, it's good customer
> service.

This is a personal preference only!  There are no hallmarks, or tests
that can say which is a better browser.

I have Chromium installed on my Ubuntu at home, and it stays updated
via the Ubuntu Package manager, but I _always_ use Firefox as my
browser because of AdBlock+ and additional plugins, that is
_my_preference_!