[OpenIndiana-discuss] Time Machine and quota limiting

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 22:09:56 UTC 2012

I have both the sparsebundle size and the ZFS FS set. So the FS was created
with a quota of 300GB and the sparsebundle then created in there with
300GB.

Unless you're backing up multiple Macs, don't use dedup, the performance
hit you'll take will be huge after a few months unless you've got an
obscene amount of RAM, like 64+GB.

Dedup and compression give you more free space, and that's what time
machine sees.

Works great for me. I'm backing up 5 macs.