[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux container, and plex?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Tue Aug 21 03:04:18 UTC 2012

For some reason, I had really thought that Plex was open source.  I at
least thought there were a Mac OS X version of it.

Looking closer, I see that there are clients for different platforms,
but the server piece is proprietary lunux software.  I am glad I check
out the home page before I stuck my foot into my mouth.  :)

In reviewing the wikipedia page on Plex, I see that Plex is a fork of
XBMC, which does appear to be open source.

Would XBMC meet your needs/requirements?  If so, would it make more
sense to try and get XBMC running vs Plex?  Or is there a specific
feature that is only available on Plex?

I am just trying to understand your requirements better.

Jerry