[OpenIndiana-discuss] Very slow write performance on a 3 disk raidz1-0 zpool

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:00:35 UTC 2012

Just disabling dedup isn't going to help, as ZFS is lazy and won't rewrite
the deduped data, so you'll still have your dedup tables paging. You need
to disable it, and rewrite all the data in a way that doesn't just update
the link. For example, moving the data to a different directory on the same
FS won't do anything, but moving it to a different FS will.

Honestly though, it will take you so long, and be so annoying, and so
frustrating, that you're better off copying everything to USB and nuking
the pool then starting from scratch.

I had to go through the same thing with a 1.4 dedup ratio on an 80% full 10
TB pool on a box with 32GB a few months back. Moving 8TB at 5MB/sec, not so
much.

Sended from my Android.