[OpenIndiana-discuss] Insalling gcc on an offline installation

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Aug 28 13:46:05 UTC 2012

2012-08-28 14:13, Ivan Gualandri пишет:
> Hi again,
>
> i'm planning to install openindiana on my old laptop. But unfortunately
> there isn't suppoer for none of both network card installed.
>
> I found that probably the myk driver can be used to add support for at
> least the ethernet card.
>
> But the package that i found need to be compiled, and in the default
> installation there isn't any compiler installed (gcc or suncc).
> So i must install at least one of them manually/offline.
>
> Is it possible ?

You can download the image of repository (approx 2.6Gb)
which should give you the illumos-gate binaries for your
release locally installed as a repo server on your system.

You can then install packages from this "mirror" of IPS
repository, including creation of local zones.

See here: http://dlc-int.openindiana.org/repos/
Docs in the wiki... for example here:
http://wiki.openindiana.org/plugins/viewsource/viewpagesrc.action?pageId=22773844

HTH,