[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] AMD Hudson SATA

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Aug 30 22:35:40 UTC 2012

2012-08-31 1:13, Rich пишет:
> Does forceload matter if the ahci driver isn't in the miniroot?
>
> [Dunno if it is or not, just suggesting you look.]

I did look, by mounting the miniroot image - the updated drivers
are there (it just copies all of /kernel/* actually) as well as
my updated etc/system file with the forceload line.

Unlike linux miniroots, this one is only storage of drivers and
a few configs basically, there is no script to hack into and do
actually enforce loading of a driver; at least that is not exposed.

On a side note, I also looked into bootadm source code and saw
that most if not all of the code needed to make failsafe images
(with self-sufficient OS image that doesn't depend on hardware
drivers to run) is still in place, it is apparently just not
called. That would've been more convenient than plugging the
USB boot drive with the live image back and forth during these
repairs and other tests...

//Jim