[OpenIndiana-discuss] BCM 4313 Wifi

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Aug 31 00:00:21 UTC 2012

Hello all,

   For my new notebook I've also tried to make the NDIS driver for wifi.
I followed links from illumos bugtracker and got to this nice guide:

http://learningsolaris.com/archives/2009/03/10/opensolaris-wifi-broadcom-bcm4312-on-dell-vostro-1710/

...using drivers bcmwl5 (winxp) and bcmwl6 (win7) for my notebook,
but ultimately attempts to add_drv or modload the binaries led to
instant reboot of the system (likely panic, I was not with kmdb
then).

There was a little change needed for ndis-1.2.1 - the inf.c file
defined "strcasestr" function which conflicted with system headers,
so I commented it out.

Can this be the source of my problem, or something else is likely?

Suggestions (or code, or binaries ;) welcome,
//Jim