[OpenIndiana-discuss] recompile apache2 suexec how to?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Dec 1 10:07:42 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-30 23:03, carl brunning wrote:
> Hi
> I have a problem with suexec, as it has hard code path it seem you need to recompile
>
> What i need to know is where the source and how do i compile it
>
> The change is to do with the path as the default is /var/apache2/2.2/htdocs
> And i need it to look in /home
>
> Any one got a new suexe with the path, or a very good set of instruction on how to do it my self

Do you mean to replace specifically the packaged build for OI, or just
need to compile a version of your own (i.e. residing in another path or
overriding the package - at your discretion)?

In any case, for "source" and "how to" does the original suffice?
Here:
* http://httpd.apache.org/
* http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/suexec.html

For the OI packaging replacement, I guess you'd need to find the build
recipe somewhere in SFE or userland gate, and adapt it to your needs,
and publish on your internal IPS repo server.

HTH,
//Jim Klimov