[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing 151a5 server from USB over serial console

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Dec 14 12:35:34 UTC 2012

On 12/13/12 14:34, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> Enter user name for system maintenance (control-d to bypass):
>
> I can login as root and look around, but I can't find any logs with
> any obvious errors.

Where did you look?

A quick google search of the messages you've seen suggests that the
image you're using is corrupt and that the system is unable to mount
/usr as a result.

Booting the kernel with the "-v" flag might help display a little more
information.

If you can run "svcs -xv", make sure you do that.

If you can't, then going to /lib/svc/method and trying to run "ksh -x
./fs-usr" might be interesting.