[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tribblix update

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Dec 18 01:32:24 UTC 2012

On Dec 17, 2012, at 12:52 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
[...]
> That's mostly correct, but there are other benefits to 64-bit userspace
> programs:
[...]
> - time_t support for dates after 19 January 2038, 2^31 seconds after the
>   Unix epoch of 1 January 1970
[...]

Last I recall (Solaris 10 timeframe?) some of the other functions were still only usable over the range of signed 32-bit time_t (in particular but perhaps not only, those like localtime() especially, that have to deal with timezone info.  Do you know whether that's been fixed in 64-bit (should be transparently doable, IMO)?

eMail:				mailto:rlhamil at smart.net
Home page:			http://www.smart.net/~rlhamil/
Facebook, MySpace,
AIM, Yahoo, etc:		ask