[OpenIndiana-discuss] X11 hang on OI151a5

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 22:15:31 UTC 2012

I just lost an hour's work on a wiki when X11 wedged on me just before I went to save my work.  Mouse was responding, but I could not move or iconify windows. I was able to get the root screen window menu to work, but after I managed to bring up the display item I could do nothing and after an hour of waiting had to force a shutdown.

151a5 has done this to me now several times though I didn't lose a lot of work as I did today.  I never had the problem w/ 148.

Does anyone know anything about this?  I've posted a bug at Illumos, #3421.

Reg