[OpenIndiana-discuss] X11 hang on OI151a5

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Tue Dec 18 22:27:14 UTC 2012

pulaskite at yahoo.com said:
> I just lost an hour's work on a wiki when X11 wedged on me just before I went
> to save my work.  Mouse was responding, but I could not move or iconify
> windows. I was able to get the root screen window menu to work, but after I
> managed to bring up the display item I could do nothing and after an hour of
> waiting had to force a shutdown.
>
> 151a5 has done this to me now several times though I didn't lose a lot of
> work as I did today.  I never had the problem w/ 148.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?  I've posted a bug at Illumos, #3421.

It sounds similar as, though perhaps not exactly the same as:
	https://www.illumos.org/issues/1625

Unfortunately, no progress has been made on fixing it, and I'm still
experiencing the problem with oi151a7, and nVidia driver 304.51.  I was
able to reduce the frequency of its occurrence by turning off (in the BIOS)
as many USB ports as possible which shared the same interrupt as the
nVidia card.

Regards,

Marion