[OpenIndiana-discuss] Finding pools after reinstall

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Thu Dec 20 03:44:35 UTC 2012

> BUT, when I try to find the zpools on the old disk with zpool
> import, it says nada. And format only lists one disk besides the boot
> disk. So, ideas?

Which motherboard are you using?
Do you have the drives connected to an HBA or the motherboard? If HBA, which
HBA?

If they are connected to the motherboard, and the ports are sata, your best
chance of making them work is to first try the ports in 'AHCI' mode. If that
doesn't work, select 'legacy' or some synonym there of. If that doesn't
work, go back to AHCI and let's find you a driver if possible.

Some HBAs have drivers distributed directly by the manufacturer -- such as
adaptec. If you have an adaptec card or embedded adaptec, you'll need to
download the solaris driver from adaptec and install it.

I look forward to you describing your system.

Thanks,
j.