[OpenIndiana-discuss] Knowledge Base for Compiling and InstallingSoftware Not Available as Packages.

Andrey N. Oktyabrski ano at bestmx.ru
Thu Dec 20 12:47:37 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 04:35 PM, Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:
> On 12/20/2012 03:57 PM, Volker A. Brandt wrote:
>> Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:
>>> $ cat /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/gensolpkg/DESCR This is a small utility
>>> to translate from NetBSD-derived pkgsrc packages into Solaris
>>> packages.
>>
>> Yes, that was what I was thinking of.  I had tried it years ago and it
>> looked nice.  Thanks for writing it!
> No-no-no - these thanks not for me :-) I'm not an author. I think, the
> author is agc@
Hmm... It seems misc/epm is more "right" tool:
$ cat /usr/pkgsrc/misc/epm/DESCR
EPM is an open source UNIX software and file packaging program that
generates distribution archives from a list of files. EPM provides a
complete, cross-platform software distribution solution for your
applications.

ESP generates both native and "portable" script-based distribution
packages complete with installation and removal scripts and standard
install/uninstall GUIs. The installers can be customized with product
logos, "readme" files, and click-wrap licenses as desired.