[OpenIndiana-discuss] Knowledge Base for Compiling andInstallingSoftware Not Available as Packages.

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Thu Dec 20 05:59:42 UTC 2012

> For most (?) of us, we build a server once or twice a year.

Some of us, build them hundreds at time, multiple times per year -- then
multiply zones on top of that. Some might do it thousands of times per year.

We may not be trying to solve the types of problems.

For what it is worth, Makefiles are a nice compromise. Since you are
compiling software already you probably already have a working knowledge of
make.

Thanks anyway.

j.