[OpenIndiana-discuss] Finding pools after reinstall

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Thu Dec 20 17:15:44 UTC 2012

Sent from Jasons' hand held

On Dec 20, 2012, at 7:05 AM, "Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana)" <openindiana at nedharvey.com> wrote:

> But he didn't change the hardware - in the OP he said he replaced one disk (the boot disk) and installed openindiana where he was previously running opensolaris.

sure. he also didnt say that he didnt turn any knobs. perhaps the cmos battery is dead and settings were lost. maybe he didnt perceive the loss of accurate time to be a big deal.

maybe he didnt know the clock was off or settings were lost because as you suggest he never went into the bios to check.

when troubleshooting i prefer to start on step one, not step five. how about a little patience while we work through this?

j.