[OpenIndiana-discuss] Finding pools after reinstall

Thommy M. Malmström thommy.m.malmstrom at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:19:14 UTC 2012

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I've just not so much time just now to
check your suggestions.

I might have a drained battery as the time was reset, I noticed. I'll get a
new one. The MB is a GIGABYTE K8N ProSli and I haven't done more than
disconnecting
the disks during new install of b147 (just to make sure I didn't destroy
anything).

Let me check the battery and I'll be back after holidays.

/Thommy M.

On 20 December 2012 18:15, Jason Matthews <jason at broken.net> wrote:

> Sent from Jasons' hand held
>
> On Dec 20, 2012, at 7:05 AM, "Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana)" <
> openindiana at nedharvey.com> wrote:
>
> > But he didn't change the hardware - in the OP he said he replaced one
> disk (the boot disk) and installed openindiana where he was previously
> running opensolaris.
>
> sure. he also didnt say that he didnt turn any knobs. perhaps the cmos
> battery is dead and settings were lost. maybe he didnt perceive the loss of
> accurate time to be a big deal.
>
> maybe he didnt know the clock was off or settings were lost because as you
> suggest he never went into the bios to check.
>
> when troubleshooting i prefer to start on step one, not step five. how
> about a little patience while we work through this?
>
> j.

Thommy M. Malmström
Vipemöllevägen 109
224 66 Lund